Top Posts & Pages
- The menaquinone (vitamin K2) content of animal products and fermented foods.
- Bone Broth, Gelatine, Oxalate, and Kidney Stones
- Brazil nuts and the variation in their selenium content
- Hippocratic misquotations: Let thy quotations not be by Hippocrates
- Diet and Nutrition of the Lion
- Bone Broth Mineral Content
- Whisky polyphenols and their potential health effects
- Whole apples, smoothie, or juice: Effects on blood glucose and insulin
- Bourbon, Brandy and Armagnac: Phenolics and antioxidant capacity
- Evolving salt: Did humans evolve on a high salt diet?
Tag Archives: diet
What should we eat? A cacophany of advice
Many people want to know what and how they should eat to lose weight, improve their health, avoid illness, live forever, or for any number of other reasons. One popular source of information are books relating to food, diets, and nutrition. However, there … Continue reading
Posted in Articles, Food, Nutrition, Uncategorized Tagged diet, diet books, nutrition advice Leave a comment
Hippocratic misquotations: Let thy quotations not be by Hippocrates
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” – Hippocrates. This is perhaps one of the best-known quotes on diet and health attributed to Hippocrates, the physician in Ancient Greece considered to be the father of medicine. Only it … Continue reading
Posted in Articles, Food, Nutrition, Uncategorized Tagged diet, Food, health, hippocrates, History, let food be thy medicine, let your food be your medicine, medicine, Nutrition, quotation, quote 11 Comments
Evolving salt: Did humans evolve on a high salt diet?
Recently I was reading some of a new book called “The Salt Fix: Why the Experts Got it All Wrong and How Eating More Might Save Your Life”. This contains the interesting claim that humans evolved on a diet high … Continue reading
Posted in Articles, evolution, Research, science, Uncategorized Tagged diet, DiNicolantonio, evolution, Nutrition, salt, saltfix, sodium, thesaltfix 41 Comments
Diet and Nutrition of the Lion
Do lions eat the organs of their prey, or can a lion survive only on muscle meat? I’ve seen this question asked online but clear answers are hard to find, at least not answers with sources backing them up. In … Continue reading
Posted in lions, Nutrition, Research, Uncategorized Tagged carnivore, carnivorediet, diet, liondiet, lions, Nutrition, offal, organmeat Leave a comment