Top Posts & Pages
- The menaquinone (vitamin K2) content of animal products and fermented foods.
- Bone Broth, Gelatine, Oxalate, and Kidney Stones
- Eating DNA: Dietary Nucleotides in Nutrition
- Brazil nuts and the variation in their selenium content
- Evolving salt: Did humans evolve on a high salt diet?
- Hippocratic misquotations: Let thy quotations not be by Hippocrates
- Bone Broth Mineral Content
- Diet and Nutrition of the Lion
- Whisky polyphenols and their potential health effects
- Bourbon, Brandy and Armagnac: Phenolics and antioxidant capacity
Tag Archives: diet
Many people want to know what and how they should eat to lose weight, improve their health, avoid illness, live forever, or for any number of other reasons. One popular source of information are books relating to food, diets, and nutrition. However, there … Continue reading
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” – Hippocrates. This is perhaps one of the best-known quotes on diet and health attributed to Hippocrates, the physician in Ancient Greece considered to be the father of medicine. Only it … Continue reading
Recently I was reading some of a new book called “The Salt Fix: Why the Experts Got it All Wrong and How Eating More Might Save Your Life”. This contains the interesting claim that humans evolved on a diet high … Continue reading