Top Posts & Pages
- Whisky polyphenols and their potential health effects
- Brazil nuts and the variation in their selenium content
- Bone Broth, Gelatine, Oxalate, and Kidney Stones
- Evolving salt: Did humans evolve on a high salt diet?
- The menaquinone (vitamin K2) content of animal products and fermented foods.
- Bone Broth Mineral Content
- Caboc and Crowdie: Traditional cheeses of Scotland
- Whole apples, smoothie, or juice: Effects on blood glucose and insulin
- Oranges and Grapes: More on insulin and glucose after fruit or juice
- Diet and Nutrition of the Lion
Tag Archives: Hormones
A bread too far: Food structure and insulin responses
That the structure of food can influence its effects on our body is an underappreciated area of research and evidence is limited on this subject. The structure of food, sometimes called the food matrix is defined by the USDA as; “The nutrient … Continue reading
Posted in Articles, Food, insulin, Nutrition, Research, Uncategorized Tagged Bread, Food, Foodmatrix, Foodstructure, GIP, GLP1, Hormones, insulin, Nutrition, Processing, Research Leave a comment