Top Posts & Pages
- The menaquinone (vitamin K2) content of animal products and fermented foods.
- Bone Broth, Gelatine, Oxalate, and Kidney Stones
- Brazil nuts and the variation in their selenium content
- Whisky polyphenols and their potential health effects
- Evolving salt: Did humans evolve on a high salt diet?
- Bourbon, Brandy and Armagnac: Phenolics and antioxidant capacity
- A bread too far: Food structure and insulin responses
- Whole apples, smoothie, or juice: Effects on blood glucose and insulin
- Diet and Nutrition of the Lion
- Hippocratic misquotations: Let thy quotations not be by Hippocrates
Tag Archives: let food be thy medicine
Hippocratic misquotations: Let thy quotations not be by Hippocrates
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” – Hippocrates. This is perhaps one of the best-known quotes on diet and health attributed to Hippocrates, the physician in Ancient Greece considered to be the father of medicine. Only it … Continue reading
Posted in Articles, Food, Nutrition, Uncategorized Tagged diet, Food, health, hippocrates, History, let food be thy medicine, let your food be your medicine, medicine, Nutrition, quotation, quote 11 Comments