Top Posts & Pages
- Bone Broth, Gelatine, Oxalate, and Kidney Stones
- The menaquinone (vitamin K2) content of animal products and fermented foods.
- Diet and Nutrition of the Lion
- Hippocratic misquotations: Let thy quotations not be by Hippocrates
- Bone Broth Mineral Content
- Brazil nuts and the variation in their selenium content
- Whisky polyphenols and their potential health effects
- Eating DNA: Dietary Nucleotides in Nutrition
- Evolving salt: Did humans evolve on a high salt diet?
- Whole apples, smoothie, or juice: Effects on blood glucose and insulin
Tag Archives: Bread
That the structure of food can influence its effects on our body is an underappreciated area of research and evidence is limited on this subject. The structure of food, sometimes called the food matrix is defined by the USDA as; “The nutrient … Continue reading
Pea purée on buttered wholemeal spelt sourdough bread. Few foods can match the vivid green of puréed frozen peas. The fresh taste of the peas combines beautifully with the mint an lemon to produce a very green flavour. Gena Hamshaw of … Continue reading