Top Posts & Pages
- Bone Broth, Gelatine, Oxalate, and Kidney Stones
- Hippocratic misquotations: Let thy quotations not be by Hippocrates
- Brazil nuts and the variation in their selenium content
- Eating DNA: Dietary Nucleotides in Nutrition
- Diet and Nutrition of the Lion
- Bourbon, Brandy and Armagnac: Phenolics and antioxidant capacity
- The menaquinone (vitamin K2) content of animal products and fermented foods.
- Whisky polyphenols and their potential health effects
- Aboriginal Taiwan - Food and Forests. Part 1.
- Oranges and Grapes: More on insulin and glucose after fruit or juice
Tag Archives: Bread
That the structure of food can influence its effects on our body is an underappreciated area of research and evidence is limited on this subject. The structure of food, sometimes called the food matrix is defined by the USDA as; “The nutrient … Continue reading
Pea purée on buttered wholemeal spelt sourdough bread. Few foods can match the vivid green of puréed frozen peas. The fresh taste of the peas combines beautifully with the mint an lemon to produce a very green flavour. Gena Hamshaw of … Continue reading