Top Posts & Pages
- The menaquinone (vitamin K2) content of animal products and fermented foods.
- Bone Broth, Gelatine, Oxalate, and Kidney Stones
- Brazil nuts and the variation in their selenium content
- Hippocratic misquotations: Let thy quotations not be by Hippocrates
- Diet and Nutrition of the Lion
- Bone Broth Mineral Content
- Whisky polyphenols and their potential health effects
- Whole apples, smoothie, or juice: Effects on blood glucose and insulin
- Bourbon, Brandy and Armagnac: Phenolics and antioxidant capacity
- Evolving salt: Did humans evolve on a high salt diet?
Tag Archives: Bread
A bread too far: Food structure and insulin responses
That the structure of food can influence its effects on our body is an underappreciated area of research and evidence is limited on this subject. The structure of food, sometimes called the food matrix is defined by the USDA as; “The nutrient … Continue reading
Posted in Articles, Food, insulin, Nutrition, Research, Uncategorized Tagged Bread, Food, Foodmatrix, Foodstructure, GIP, GLP1, Hormones, insulin, Nutrition, Processing, Research Leave a comment
Minty Pea Purée on Sourdough Toast
Pea purée on buttered wholemeal spelt sourdough bread. Few foods can match the vivid green of puréed frozen peas. The fresh taste of the peas combines beautifully with the mint an lemon to produce a very green flavour. Gena Hamshaw of … Continue reading
Posted in Food, Recipes, Uncategorized Tagged Bread, food52, Peas, Sourdough, sourdough bread Leave a comment
Adventures in sourdough bread.
Wholemeal spelt sourdough bread with oxtail stew. I have never baked my own bread. This is despite having had a go at cooking many different things over the years and so recently I decided to rectify this omission. Given that … Continue reading