Top Posts & Pages
- The menaquinone (vitamin K2) content of animal products and fermented foods.
- Bone Broth, Gelatine, Oxalate, and Kidney Stones
- Brazil nuts and the variation in their selenium content
- Hippocratic misquotations: Let thy quotations not be by Hippocrates
- Diet and Nutrition of the Lion
- Bone Broth Mineral Content
- Whisky polyphenols and their potential health effects
- Whole apples, smoothie, or juice: Effects on blood glucose and insulin
- Bourbon, Brandy and Armagnac: Phenolics and antioxidant capacity
- Evolving salt: Did humans evolve on a high salt diet?
Tag Archives: sodium
Evolving salt: Did humans evolve on a high salt diet?
Recently I was reading some of a new book called “The Salt Fix: Why the Experts Got it All Wrong and How Eating More Might Save Your Life”. This contains the interesting claim that humans evolved on a diet high … Continue reading
Posted in Articles, evolution, Research, science, Uncategorized Tagged diet, DiNicolantonio, evolution, Nutrition, salt, saltfix, sodium, thesaltfix 41 Comments
Himalayan Rock Salt
Photo credit: julajp. A relatively recent addition to our British shops, and once restricted to health food shops, it now seems that pink Himalayan salt can be found almost everywhere even appearing in major supermarkets. A quick browse of the … Continue reading
Posted in Articles, Food, Nutrition, Research, Uncategorized Tagged himalayan, himalayanpinksalt, himalayanrocksalt, minerals, Nutrition, pinksalt, rocksalt, salt, seasalt, sodium 9 Comments