Top Posts & Pages
- Diet and Nutrition of the Lion
- The menaquinone (vitamin K2) content of animal products and fermented foods.
- Bone Broth, Gelatine, Oxalate, and Kidney Stones
- Eating DNA: Dietary Nucleotides in Nutrition
- Brazil nuts and the variation in their selenium content
- Hippocratic misquotations: Let thy quotations not be by Hippocrates
- Evolving salt: Did humans evolve on a high salt diet?
- Whisky polyphenols and their potential health effects
- Whole apples, smoothie, or juice: Effects on blood glucose and insulin
- Himalayan Rock Salt
Monthly Archives: January 2014
I like making broth or stock using bones. I most often use it to form the base for the soups and stews such as oxtail stew. Homemade broths, made my simmering bones and attached tissues in water often with the … Continue reading
Oxtail Stew There are few meals as satisfying to come home to on a cold damp winters evening than a bowl of piping hot oxtail stew, made the previous day and placed in the fridge overnight to consolidate its flavours. I … Continue reading