Top Posts & Pages
- The menaquinone (vitamin K2) content of animal products and fermented foods.
- Bone Broth, Gelatine, Oxalate, and Kidney Stones
- Brazil nuts and the variation in their selenium content
- Hippocratic misquotations: Let thy quotations not be by Hippocrates
- Diet and Nutrition of the Lion
- Bone Broth Mineral Content
- Whisky polyphenols and their potential health effects
- Whole apples, smoothie, or juice: Effects on blood glucose and insulin
- Bourbon, Brandy and Armagnac: Phenolics and antioxidant capacity
- Evolving salt: Did humans evolve on a high salt diet?
Tag Archives: fruit
Aboriginal Taiwan – Fruit and Tea. Part 2.
Our second day in the mountains of central Taiwan dawned sunnier than the previous day with views across the village of Huanshan across the forested mountains. Our night was spent at the lovely Happy Ginkgo guesthouse with its ginkgo trees turned a beautiful … Continue reading
Posted in Articles, Taiwan, Travel, Uncategorized Tagged #indigenous, #lishan, #snowpears, aboriginal, Atayal, fruit, Taiwan, Tea, Travel 1 Comment
Oranges and Grapes: More on insulin and glucose after fruit or juice
The effects of eating whole fruit or drinking fruit juice on blood glucose and insulin appears to be of some interest to people. As my last post on a study comparing apples, smoothies, and juice garnered some attention, I thought I would … Continue reading
Posted in Articles, Drink, Food, Nutrition, Research, Uncategorized Tagged bloodsugar, fruit, grapejuice, grapes, insulin, juice, Nutrition, nutritionalscience, science 3 Comments