Top Posts & Pages
- The menaquinone (vitamin K2) content of animal products and fermented foods.
- Bone Broth Mineral Content
- Bone Broth, Gelatine, Oxalate, and Kidney Stones
- Bourbon, Brandy and Armagnac: Phenolics and antioxidant capacity
- Eating DNA: Dietary Nucleotides in Nutrition
- Brazil nuts and the variation in their selenium content
- Whisky polyphenols and their potential health effects
- Oranges and Grapes: More on insulin and glucose after fruit or juice
- Whole apples, smoothie, or juice: Effects on blood glucose and insulin
- Dihydrophylloquinone - hydrogenated vitamin K in the modern diet.
Tag Archives: Research
That the structure of food can influence its effects on our body is an underappreciated area of research and evidence is limited on this subject. The structure of food, sometimes called the food matrix is defined by the USDA as; “The nutrient … Continue reading
The varying health effects of eating fruit, as compared to drinking juice or smoothies, are often discussed. Curiously though little actual scientific research is directly cited showing the metabolic effects of eating fruit or drinking juice. This strange absence of … Continue reading