Top Posts & Pages
- Bone Broth, Gelatine, Oxalate, and Kidney Stones
- Bone Broth Mineral Content
- Oranges and Grapes: More on insulin and glucose after fruit or juice
- The menaquinone (vitamin K2) content of animal products and fermented foods.
- Evolving salt: Did humans evolve on a high salt diet?
- Hippocratic misquotations: Let thy quotations not be by Hippocrates
- Brazil nuts and the variation in their selenium content
- Whole apples, smoothie, or juice: Effects on blood glucose and insulin
- Whisky polyphenols and their potential health effects
- Eating DNA: Dietary Nucleotides in Nutrition
Tag Archives: Research
The gut microbiota has been a popular area of research over the past few years and few aspects of this research have gained quite as much attention as the role of the gut microbiota in obesity. One of the studies that started … Continue reading
That the structure of food can influence its effects on our body is an underappreciated area of research and evidence is limited on this subject. The structure of food, sometimes called the food matrix is defined by the USDA as; “The nutrient … Continue reading
The varying health effects of eating fruit, as compared to drinking juice or smoothies, are often discussed. Curiously though little actual scientific research is directly cited showing the metabolic effects of eating fruit or drinking juice. This strange absence of … Continue reading