Top Posts & Pages
- Bone Broth, Gelatine, Oxalate, and Kidney Stones
- Hippocratic misquotations: Let thy quotations not be by Hippocrates
- Brazil nuts and the variation in their selenium content
- Eating DNA: Dietary Nucleotides in Nutrition
- Diet and Nutrition of the Lion
- Bourbon, Brandy and Armagnac: Phenolics and antioxidant capacity
- The menaquinone (vitamin K2) content of animal products and fermented foods.
- Whisky polyphenols and their potential health effects
- Aboriginal Taiwan - Food and Forests. Part 1.
- Oranges and Grapes: More on insulin and glucose after fruit or juice
Monthly Archives: April 2013
Buckwheat pancakes wrapped around a quartered banana. Of late this has been my typical weekend breakfast. Ingredients 10 ounces of whole milk (1 1/4 cups or 270 ml) 4 ounces of buckwheat flour ( 3/4 cup or … Continue reading
Khalal dates Dates are a traditional food of the Arab world and also happen to be a favorite food of mine. Fresh dates, known in traditional date growing areas as Khalal dates, are picked and sold at an earlier stage of ripeness than the Deglet … Continue reading
Sweet chestnut trees (Castanea sativa) flourish in Southern Europe and their chestnuts have long formed a part of the diet of the rural peoples. Castagnaccio is a chestnut flour cake found in the northern regions of Italy. Traditionally made in the autumn … Continue reading