Top Posts & Pages
- The menaquinone (vitamin K2) content of animal products and fermented foods.
- Bone Broth, Gelatine, Oxalate, and Kidney Stones
- Diet and Nutrition of the Lion
- Whisky polyphenols and their potential health effects
- Brazil nuts and the variation in their selenium content
- Bone Broth Mineral Content
- Hippocratic misquotations: Let thy quotations not be by Hippocrates
- Eating DNA: Dietary Nucleotides in Nutrition
- Evolving salt: Did humans evolve on a high salt diet?
- Oranges and Grapes: More on insulin and glucose after fruit or juice
Monthly Archives: February 2018
The gut microbiota has been a popular area of research over the past few years and few aspects of this research have gained quite as much attention as the role of the gut microbiota in obesity. One of the studies that started … Continue reading
A new study was published this week that attracted some attention. “Low carbohydrate diets may increase risk of neural tube defects“ Zoe Harcombe wrote a blog post about it detailing criticisms of the study that did not appear particularly valid from my … Continue reading