Top Posts & Pages
- Bone Broth, Gelatine, Oxalate, and Kidney Stones
- Hippocratic misquotations: Let thy quotations not be by Hippocrates
- Brazil nuts and the variation in their selenium content
- Diet and Nutrition of the Lion
- Eating DNA: Dietary Nucleotides in Nutrition
- Bourbon, Brandy and Armagnac: Phenolics and antioxidant capacity
- The menaquinone (vitamin K2) content of animal products and fermented foods.
- Whisky polyphenols and their potential health effects
- Aboriginal Taiwan - Food and Forests. Part 1.
- Oranges and Grapes: More on insulin and glucose after fruit or juice
Monthly Archives: February 2018
The gut microbiota has been a popular area of research over the past few years and few aspects of this research have gained quite as much attention as the role of the gut microbiota in obesity. One of the studies that started … Continue reading
A new study was published this week that attracted some attention. “Low carbohydrate diets may increase risk of neural tube defects“ Zoe Harcombe wrote a blog post about it detailing criticisms of the study that did not appear particularly valid from my … Continue reading